本系列書各篇均為林語堂先生自中國古典典籍與小品中選輯菁華，進行英文譯介，名家作品對照林語堂的英文名譯，可謂珠聯璧合。語堂先生曾在《古文小品譯英》（The Importance of Understanding）序文說：「我所喜歡的文章…，那些對我有無形影響的老朋友，他們表達的情意真的是歷久彌新而又令人驚喜。我挑選的自然是最好的文章，是我誦讀之後不能忘懷，並使我有所了悟的文章。不能引起我心靈共鳴的文章我是不翻譯的。」又說：「翻譯是很微妙的工作。唯有能夠和作者情意相通的譯者才能翻譯得好。因為譯者實際上是以另外一種語言文字替作者發言，如果兩者不像是老朋友一樣，這怎麼能辦得到？」語堂先生期望藉由他的譯文，傳達其閱讀的激動心情，與讀者共同分享閱讀中國古籍經典的驚喜與歡愉。
Market Leader Elementary New Edition retains the dynamic and effective approach to business English that has made the course so successful in classes worldwide. With its new listening content and thoroughly updated material from authentic business sources such as the Financial Times, it reflects the fast-changing world of business.
New Self-Study CD-ROMs contain: * Video * Interactive case studies * Language reviews * Vocabulary exercises * Skills practice * Listening activities (This disc can also be played as an audio CD)
Find out more about the course and access resources such as topic-related links for every unit. Receive new ready-made lessons every week when you subscribe to the Market Leader Premier Site.
More Reading Power 3 is a new and updated edition of the successful student-centered reading skills textbook More Reading Power. Its unique structure, featuring four parts to be used concurrently, allows intermediate-to high-level students (with a 900-word vocabulary) to develop the multiple skills and strategies involved in the reading process.
* Extensive Reading helps students to build reading fluency, broaden knowledge of vocabulary and collocation, and gain confidence.
* Vocabulary Building offers strategies for independent vocabulary learning such as dictionary work, guessing meaning from context, and learning about structure and reference.
* Comprehension Skills teaches reading skills such as scanning and reviewing, making inferences, and identifying patterns.
* Reading Fluency builds awareness of reading speed, provides strategies and exercises for increasing speed, and offers charts for tracking progress.
New to the Third Edition:
* An updated Extensive Reading section with a unit on fiction and non-fiction reading, more activities for evaluating student progress, and a revised suggested reading list
* Enhanced vocabulary features, including new 'Focus on Vocabulary' exercises and an expanded Vocabulary Building section